View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab4life View Post
Could be time to layoff on the stigma that young guys cannot play for JM. Eller, DD, Subban, Price, White, & MaxP had pretty good years IMO.

I have no idea why some suggest it is an either/or situation with DD and Eller. DD is an RFA who will not be making too much money on his next contract. Guys like this are a must in a cap world. We have 17 expiring contracts, the GM would be dumb to let a guy like DD go, he has shown the ability to perform in hockey’s toughest market, something that is not easy to find. What we need to do is replace the guys like Pouliot, Pyatt and Darche with Bigger players with skill to insulate our smaller skilled guys.
I think Darche is a very good fit for the team we have, he has size and will use it to go to the net, he doesn't make a lot and is a very good team player/example for young players. Unless he's looking for a huge contract, to me he should be a no brainer to bring back.

Pouliot I'm not sure how much patience JM and PG have left for him. He has skill but quite one dimensional and tends to be too high risk for JM.

Pyatt, I don't see him moving because JM likes him, but I could see some scenarios where we would replace him with a bigger/tougher role player or an enforcer.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote