View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
That's funny. I had exactly the opposite reaction.

The Kings Kids started believing that Niemi's lousy starts were due to their superior offensive skills. The kids started playing the Sharks high speed transition game and then completely lost control of the game while the wily Sharks engaged them in silly scrums and other distractions ("pay no attention to the game behind the curtain - lets just trade face washes and stick work"). They NEVER went into "prevent mode".

They SHOULD have gone into a "defense first - shutdown" mode with about 8-10 minutes left in the second period.
I agree 100%. I was at game 3 and I remember telling my newb hockey friend that the Kings need to settle it down because they were playing way too aggressive with a 4-0 lead. Hell, they don't usually even play like that when they are down a goal let alone doing it with a lead in the playoffs.

I distinctly remember Doughty skating the puck up the ice and throwing a pass through the middle that lead to a turnover and Sharks rush the other way. It was either then or soon after the Kings got scored on for the first time. The Kings were not playing 2-1 Terry Murray hockey, they were playing something entirely different.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote