View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If the kids don't work out, we'll sign someone in 2013.

As for Richards signing a 5 year, $7 per contract, LOL. Are you telling me that he won't get more than Gomez, Drury, Vanek, Campbell, etc.?

If he's willing to sign a 5 year, $35 contract, sign me up. Hell, Gaborik was coming off several injured years and he was still able to get $7.5 over 5 years. Why exactly does Brad get less money than Gabby?

The contract you are proposing is what Brad would get as an RFA, not a UFA. No way he gets this little money unless he chooses to take less to go to a likely Stanley Cup winner (which is not us).

If my team is close to contending, I would offer him $50 over 6 years just to make sure he comes over and delivers the Stanley Cup. There are teams that are much closer to winning than us for whom overpaying him makes a lot more sense, and they will offer him a hell of a lot more than $35 million.

He's making 7.8 now I believe. If we can sign all our key RFAs and fit Richards under the cap while giving him 7.8 mill per, I'm down for it as long as we dont lose guys like Ani, Cally, Doobs, Sauer etc. I'm OK by sacrifising guys like Drury, Avery, Christensen, Wolski by either buying them out or trading them to make Richards a possibility. None of the 4 are part of the future.

7.8 per, or thereabouts IMO isnt an issue. Length of the contract could be though. I wouldnt feel too comfortable with Richards getting anything more than 5 years.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote