View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhog27 View Post
I don't think there is anywhere you can't accept losing for a bit. The GMs here just seem to always think they can buy their way to the cup, but it doesn't work. I can't say there are any players I really like on the Rangers a lot which is sad. There hasn't been for a long time since guys like Leetch, Zubov, Kovalev, Graves, Messier, Richter, etc. If brining in Brad Richards would really put the tam over the top I wouldn't mind, but I just don't see it happening. You just end up with more another crazy contract thrown out by the Rangers proving they aren't ever going to get anywhere. The Devils have always found ways to draft good talent even in the later rounds like Parise. The Rangers have not been able to do that. On top of that they don't sign players to crazy contracts unless they are really elite players like Kvolchuk who is still pretty young. This team is nothing like the Devils or Detroit IMO. Those two teams have been able to draft and sing good players for resonable prices. They also seem to be much better at putting together a good group of players.
If you don't really like any of Lundqvist, Staal, Callahan, Dubinsky, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, Stepan, and Anismov, then you're in the extreme minority here.