View Single Post
Old
05-04-2011, 12:10 AM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

vCash: 500
I would say nothing comes of this.

I mean, even if it did, I'd prefer someone comes on board in full capacity with a strong track record to help the powerplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
We have a Power Play expert already within the organization...Eddie Johnston.

EJ has a solid rep for being a great Power Play coach...I'd imagine he would be more than willing to give his input. Stan Savran was on Madden's show today and was talking about a conversation he had with EJ after game 5 in the 2008 finals where he praised Bylsma's decision to put Talbot on the ice because he was a guy who will go to the net and get his nose dirty, Savran also alluded to EJ thinking that Talbot should've gotten PP time this year when we were struggling.

I certainly don't think Max Talbot would've made the difference, but it lends itself to a stylistic change that we all know needs to happen...big bodies in front of the net causing absolute chaos is a staple of successful Power Plays. We have two guys in Tangradi and Neal who are big and skilled...unless one of them is in the box, there shouldn't be a PP shift next season where one or the other isn't parked in front of the goalie.
Eddie Johnston has been retired for some time.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote