View Single Post
Old
05-04-2011, 03:13 AM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
As an Islander fan who has seen far too many Capital games over the last 3 years because my GF's family are all diehard Caps fans i suggest these 4 simple (or not so simple) steps...

1. Get rid of Mike Green. I don't care if you don't get equal value back in a trade get ****ing rid of him. His hockey IQ is just flat out bad in his own end.

2. Hire a coach who can step into that club house on day one & make all those guys buy into his system. A guy who preaches hard work & sacrifice.

3. Pick a goalie & stick with that goalie, the goalie position should be a calming & reassuring position on a championship team.

4. Much harder to do then 1-3 but the Preds are loaded with D and Weber who's contract is nearing its end could possibly be available. Give up WHATEVER it takes to get him.

You do those 4 things you got a cup, but who knows if Weber becomes available.
Mike Green has been arguably the Caps' best defenseman in the playoffs and deserves credit for turning his game around. Of course, ignorant fans from other teams will stereotype him and scapegoat him for the Caps' loss that's really on a lack of discipline from their coach.

Other than that, you're right.

On the bright side, Neuvirth is a keeper.