Thread: Proposal: Jack Johnson for Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
05-04-2011, 02:51 AM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Although Johnson finished the playoffs as a -2 and Doughty broke even at 0, Doughty was a -3 in LA's monumental collapse in Game 3, Johnson was a +1. Doughty may have had the better second half, but it is difficult to dispute the number of obvious brain farts Doughty has on the ice. It is bound to happen with young defensemen, doesn't take away from them being highly talented and it doesn't mean they can't fix those mental errors.
Doughty obviously has bad games as well. Lidstrom... well not Lidstrom... Pronger has bad games, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Sigh. I get very annoyed when people have no idea what they are talking about yet they state their opinion as fact. Unless you are in team meetings you really need to just not post. On the contrary Fox and Miller said many times that opposing teams game plan Jack and Drew. Kesler said during an intermission interview that you can't give JJ an inch or he'll make you look foolish.

Too many bi polar personalities around here who are ready to fall on the sword for Jack at one point and then a month later are ready to crucify him. Same goes for Quick, Brown, etc.
Eh, I think Jack is a great offensive talent, I'm just not ready to completely ignore his defensive faults because he scores points. And I don't see how either of your quotes imply they don't go after Drew more (which is what I said, I didn't say they ignore JJ).

I know you get very defensive of JJ but, you're naive if you think his consistently horrible +/- is just because of bad luck.

As for bi-polarism, I don't know that anybody has been ready to fall on a sword for Brown in a very long time. And as far as JJ is concerned, people keep getting their hopes up whenever he strings together a few defensively sound games, thinking he's finally figured it out, hardly bi-polarism.

People are only bi-polar about Quick because we also have Bernier.

Anyways, I've made it my off season mission to figure out what is wrong with Jack! Wish me luck

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote