vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
That's not the argument.

Depth > goaltending.

Carter > 5m "elite" goalie.

Meszaros > 4m strong goalie.

3m strong goalie > Versteeg.

Never have I said that I was comfortable with either Leighton or Boucher in the postseason. I said we'd be fine in the regular season, but I wasn't sure what would happen in the playoffs though traditionally teams that rely on goaltending falter before reaching the Finals. We're a team that obviously doesn't rely on goaltending.

I also wanted Roloson.

I also hate Leighton, though I did say Boucher was the better alternative.

If you're going to put words in my mouth, you might as well get the argument right. You're smart enough to not have to pretend to be this oblivious.

We've always needed average to slightly above average goaltending. You don't need to spend 4-5m on that. It's a waste of cap space and assets to blow depth on overrated options.

Goaltending, as always, is extremely overrated, but still extremely necessary to putting together a championship capable roster.
Quoting you, last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Actually, as much as I'd love to throw a legitimate number one goalie on the Flyers, I'd want a legitimate number one goalie behind THIS Flyers' team, not this team minus Carter.

It defeats the purpose if you significantly weaken the roster in order to add a goalie.

Once again, the impact of a skater on the game, particularly one as important as Carter, is immense compared to any goaltender regardless of talent.
It's the "regardless talent" part that is particularly fantastic to read. JVR was a monster the other night, and the Flyers lost because of the other team's goalie. We should also take notice of the "once again," because this is a mantra you've been parading for a long *ing time.

I mean, it is what it is. Last year you defended the Leighton fiasco right up until the moment when you suddenly stopped defending the Leighton fiasco.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote