View Single Post
Old
05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
If he will choose a team based on something other than money, you've gotta figure it will be their odds of winning the Cup, not his old coach from 7 years ago.

I think our only chance of getting him is to outbid everyone. Maybe a horrible team like the Islanders won't even be entertained as an option, but 25+ teams in the league will be places that Brad would consider if they gave him a good offer. You have to figure that out of those 25 teams he would be ok with, at least a half dozen will also have very serious interest in him.

Again, if he's a once in a generation UFA, then why would anyone pass on him unless they thought he's so badly overpaid, he's not worth even for free anymore?
There won't be 25+ teams bidding on him. Not even close. You really need to do your homework here. Go through all the teams in the league and tell me who is going to bid on Richards. Many teams have internal budgets and many others are already set at center. And Richards has said he wants to play for a contender, so that will rule out even more teams.

You think a team like pittsburgh or vancouver is going to bid on him? Or how about florida or phoenix? Highly doubtful.

Last year there were 2 teams seriously bidding for Kovalchuk. 2 teams. I can't think of more than 5 teams who will give serious bids for Richards this offseason, and it will likely come down to a 3 team race, with dallas and the Rangers being 2 of them.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote