View Single Post
Old
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I was at that game, right down on the goal line where the hit happened. Bruins fans were talking about how the Flyers are a bunch of goons, and the fans lust for blood, well now they got it. My only response besides putting my head in my hands and shaking my head was to tell them Bergeron put himself in a bad position for that hit. The difference between old school players and new school is simple.

Old school players would go in, protect the puck with their skates and stick, absorb the hit, and move the puck after the hit creating space.

New school players go to the boards, create a buffer, put their head down into the boards attempting to create space. Much like you would in a no-contact mens league.
The defense of Jones because "Bergeron didn't protect himself" crap doesn't fly with me. That hit was absolutely brutal, and Jones was a Flyer who actually did deserve a 20 game suspension that year. At the same time, the Bruins' fans reaction was ridiculous in how extended it was... and Edwards obviously is an abomination of stupid.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote