QB.

Driven.

League.

For.

A.

Reason.
Why is this not a convincing argument?

Because you say so?

The NFL being a QB driven league somehow proves to you that it's a more important position than a goalie?

Allow me to explain a few things to you Jester.

1) The NFL is a QB driven league now because that is how the modern game has evolved.

This was not always the case.

American football started out as a purely run-driven game. Hence, the emphasis was on the running backs.

The emergence of the QB came about because of the emergence of more complex offensive schemes being invented.

Which leads to an interesting insight.

If the game of football were at any point to revert back to the running game, the importance of the QB position would again be diminished.

A point here...

This can NEVER happen with the Hockey Goaltender.

The Hockey Goaltender's position in the game can never be diminished no matter how the game of hockey evolves.

I'll also prove to you that the Hockey Goalie is superior to the NFL QB another way.

It is absolutely demonstrable that you don't need an above average QB to win a Super Bowl. In some cases, you can get by and actually win the Super Bowl with a below average QB.

Now go back into the whole history of hockey Jester.....

See who has been through the playoffs and won a Stanley Cup with a below average goalie.

You have a gigantic advantage here in the fact that the history of hockey and the Stanley Cup goes much farther back than the history of the Super Bowl.

If you can't find a single team that has ever won a Stanley Cup with below average goaltending, will I finally have proved my point to you?

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote