View Single Post
Old
08-14-2005, 10:37 PM
bling

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Hello Everyone. Geetings from the Mile High City. As you can see, this is my first post on these boards. Although I have been a "lurker" for quite sometime.

I just wanted to say "Congratulations" to all you Flyer fans. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but Pete is an amazing player as well as a wonderful person. He has made significant contributions off the ice here in Denver with all of his charitable work, and I'm sure you will see that side of him in Philadelphia as well. All of us here in Denver have taken his leaving rather hard. But I am happy for you folks in Philly. And if it's OK with you guys, this Denver girl will be a frequent visitor to the Flyer part of the HF Boards to check up on Pete. Again hoping that is all OK with you guys.

And by the way, "Foppa" means "Magic Boy".
Well wasn't that sweet and completely uninformed. Foppa does not mean magic boy or anything else for that matter, it is only a nickname for Forsberg, in the same sense as Smitty is a nickname for Smith. Where people get that bizarre notion it means anything else is beyond me.

Flyer fans, please do not judge all Foppa fans or Avs fans on the ignorant few who pop in here and spread their idiocy.