Thread: News Article: Wild in Financial Trouble
View Single Post
Old
05-04-2011, 10:14 PM
LemaireisGOD

vCash: 500
Let's get this straight...

You come pretty close to selling out your building each night and you can't make money? If that's true; as someone said before (and I've said it elsewhere) then the whole league must be a financial nightmare if the Wild can't make it. I am not going to say that the Wild didn't lose some money, but I doubt management is wondering if it can make payroll this season.

Someone was talking about insurance and Bozak said he confirmed this is how insurance works in the NHL. How do you know this for certain?

Going back to what I originally wanted to talk about; the reason Naegle dumped the team was because the fans were no longer satisfied fielding a lineup with a bottom 4 payroll. When these people finally had to pay for some quality he wanted out; he wasn't going to make a giant killing from the regular season so they sold it, made another fortune and became token minority owners.

As for Falcone; Leipold certainly isn't always having a lot of luck with 'investors' after he picked William 'Boots' Del Biaggio who was arrested by the Feds for Fraud after he initially tried to see the Preds to him. OUCH!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote