View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 12:04 AM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can't help but feel when people are suggesting trades, they're often only focusing on the impact of the playing they're trading for, and seldom thinking about the impact of losing the players going the other way. Do you really believe adding Backstrom and potentially subtracting players like Girardi and one of Callahan/Dubinsky is dramatically improving the team overall to the extent where it's worth the risk/gamble? That's why you don't see these types of trades being made. It a pretty unnecessary risk to take as a GM when you can just be patient and address your needs through FA signings that don't cost you any key players on your roster. Look at how Holmgren has benefited from a FA signing like Briere, 29 goals and 59 points in 55 playoff games in his 4 seasons with the Flyers. If the Flyers had to trade a Richards/Cartrer/Giroux to acquire a player like Briere, they wouldn't be nearly as strong up front on their depth chart as they have been.
True but i think this teams seems to be building an a large amount of 2nd-4th liners and is in real need for top line players and guys who can make things happen with a man advantage because they are elite skill. If the price was Girardi and one of Dubi/Cally and a prospect i would really consider making that trade. I know Girardi has become a fan fav and he blocks a lot of shots imo i think we have D coming in like Sauer, Mcd that will fill his role. Than it prob includes a guy like Dubi who i love but its becoming more clear he is not a 1st line player than Backstrom is. Than we prob include a prospect idk who but someone with some potential. Sure getting Richards could be a good option if he will come here for sure but if not we need a top line center and this might be are best option.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote