View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 12:24 AM
decadentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I'm very worried about the future of this team. We don't have the space to get a goalie. Even if we get rid of a contract, we still have some bottom 6 spots to figure out as well as a 6th defenseman. We have no farm system, and with our 2 best defenseman over the age of 36, I really don't like the look of it. Were putting all our marbles in on a core of players that quite frankly, don't look to me like they have what it takes to bring us a cup. Were continuously disappointed by the ridiculous streakiness of our entire team. It's inability to put forth a consistent effort, or outwork their opponents on a nightly basis. A lot of times in seriously appears as if they just Do. Not. Care. And it's not just a few guys. It's most of the team.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hartnell, carle and versteeg all gone if it means getting Vokoun or bryzgalov.
We also need a young defensive prospect who has the potential to be a top 4 guy.
Personally I think we need to let go of a forward, possibly a D-Man. If we can somehow only lose say Carle and Versteeg and get a goalie, i'm fine with it.

As it is, we love the fact that we have so much offense and deep D, but we have to play near perfect games when it counts...it gets old.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote