View Single Post
Old
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

vCash: 500
http://www.frolundaindians.com/aktu...qsNyhetsID=1856

Frölunda HC and goalie Tommy Salo has agreed on a one year contract. The contract became valid just today, because there was a clause that demanded Modo and Salo to agree. Salo will do his first practice with the Indians tomorrow.

-In early summer we decided to move down to the west coast. So, when Stephan "Lillis" Lundh (Frölunda's head coach) got in touch with me 14 days ago, I felt very inspired by the thought of playing in Gothenburg, says Tommy Salo.

For Frölunda Hockey club, the search for a new goalie is now over.
-With Tommy Salo and Mikael Sandberg we have two solid goalies for the coming season. Salo is one of the very best goalies in the country. He had a save% of almost 91 with Modo last year in Elitserien. In the playoffs he had 88 per cent. He's got an incredible amount of experience with over 500 NHL games, lots of WC and OG games and he's a complete and motivated goalie, says Frölunda's director of sports Christer Kellgren.

-Tommy will be an important part of the team that will defend our position as one of the top teams in Europe, says Mats Ahdrian, GM of Frölunda.

Tommy Salo will do his first day at work tomorrow when the practice starts at 09.30 in Wallenstamhallen. The on-ice practice will start at 11.00.

-It'll be very inspiring. Frölunda have a very good team that plays for Sweden's best and largest crowd. And I do have very good memories from the World Championships held in Scandinavium 2002, says Salo, who just got home from a scheduled Spain-trip.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote