View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And who says one of the kids will be part of the solution, or flourish on the NHL roster right away? I'd rather take Vinny Prospal on the third line than an unknown prospect at this point, to help the development of Derek Stepan and MZA or whoever is on Stepan's right wing, unless Hagelin or hopefully Kreider turns heads in camp. If they're weak i'd rather take 36 year old vet Vinny and let those two develop in the AHL.

Prospal came back and ripped it up shortly after. I know what you mean, but this is the guy who scores the first 2 goals in the Bruins game where if we lose we're out right there. Boyle scored like 5 or 6 entire goals after the all-star break, I believe. I sincerely believe if Vinny wasn't here we don't make the playoffs. Same with everyone else you listed, but Prospal was an absolutely integral part of that with his superb play and leadership once he came back.
he was ok, had some good games, and some clunkers. id rather play Evgeny Grachev than him though. imho Grachev is going to be a key guy for this team going forward.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote