View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 03:30 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
What you're saying has nothing to do with anything. Why are you trying to make up scenerios that have no plausible way of ever happening? Does Philly need any more centers? Don't they already have like 6?

It doesn't ****ing matter which teams automatically get excluded regardless of what they offer. All that matters is which teams are going to be bidding for him and you can ask any Philly fan. Or hell, any hockey fan with half a brain. Philly will not be in the Richards sweepstakes come July 1st.

Not to mention you obviously haven't read any of the articles RB has posted. Using that as evidence, we can conclude that Richards 1) only waived his NTC for the NYR in feb 2) wants somewhere with stable ownership and 3) can compete. Pretty sure you can eliminate more than your 5 based on that criteria alone.
The Flyers have $59 million already spent on 18 players for next year. His idea that they could shed cap space is totally unrealistic. I don't know if I'd say the Flyers were in cap hell but they're pretty close. They have Carcillo, Nodl and Powe as RFA's--Boucher as a UFA. Not big ticket items but I don't see them letting them all go either. And the years after--Van Riemsdyk and Versteeg are RFA's--Coburn, Carle, Leighton and Betts UFA's. The Flyers only hope to grab someone like Richards is to trade for him. I don't think that's happening either. Dallas is probably going to want either Giroux or Van Riemsdyk back for starters and the Flyers would have to work out the details of a contract with Richards beforehand or risk losing him.

It will come down to a handful of teams maybe but I'd have to think the Rangers are the frontrunners at this point. Good chance to be in the mix--L.A., Buffalo, Tampa Bay.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote