View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 07:53 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The senior leadership of Al Qaeda, or whatever you want to call it, may not be the most pressing issue, but I was just saying that they are still definitely a threat. Just because Bin Laden is gone doesn't mean Al Qaeda is dead, and I also agree that even if Al Qaeda is destroyed, the war on terror is not won. The CIA director said here Al Qaeda is damaged but not dead...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...06536#42887470
The biggest threat to Al Qaeda is the Arab Spring. The Al Qaeda movement arose to get from under Arab govt. Dictatorship; today's youth discovered through peace and social media more can be accomplished then by blowing themselves up, making the Al Qaeda movement so "yesterday".

That is for most. For the few extremists, including HamaS as the only political (terorist) group to praise OBL, this was a huge moment, killing their spiritual leader and gaining a treasure trove of info, equally. Extremists will always be a threat, but we certainly minimized it Sunday. I hope the Arab spring continues so the Arab youth never feel again there is no way out, the etiology of Al Qaeda.