Thread: Some positives.
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 07:37 PM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
LT, I have to disagree that Smyth is an overall positive. The two goals came in one game (obviously ) - one came after the Sharks were already down and out. I see him making a lot of low percentage passes, maybe I'm seeing something you're not, but I don't think he's suited to passing from the middle of the ice. Hopefully it's something he'll pick up. He's better on faceoffs than I would have expected, at least.

J. Smith is playing pretty well, and generally speaking, so is Brewer. I'd still like to see Semi draw in though, and that leaves either Fergie or MAB on the outside looking in - they're the smallest. Probably Fergie, much as I hate to say it - he's also slower and doesn't have the PP bonus (although I'm wondering what MAB has brought on the PP so far, lots of good passes is a bonus, but he can't seem to hit the net with a shot).

Up front, it's like Moreau said: just a bit out of synch. They can't seem to enter the opposing zone with speed, and it's just killing them. There always seems to be one or two guys stopped dead at the blueline.