Thread: Speculation: The GM debate
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale Dunter View Post
Just remember everyone...things can go bad as easily as good. Seemed like a great idea when Snyder canned Norville and went out and got coach after coach who "knew how to win".

Be careful what you wish for.
Thats a different animal in a meddling know it all owner that did that. The owner should be hands off and Ted learned that the hard way after the Jagr debacle.

And also don't forget that after Norv left we scooped up Marty and he purged house, cleared the broken salary structure and after starting 0-5 ended 8-8 and trending upwards.

This is a GM that has been in place for a long time and hasn't had any playoff success outside of his first year when he had a team of which the majority was constructed by his predecessor.

I agree with Choke. More than anything a new direction, a new set of eyes, a different approach.

When Tampa Bucs let Dungy and McKay go (b/c the constantly fluttered in the playoffs like the Caps) the brought in fresh management and won a superbowl the very next year.

Change is needed. Besides I'm not sure I would trust McPhee to hire another coach at this point.

I was getting on his bandwagon too this year. Was I ever wrong about that in hindsight. He's done some good things but overall can't seem to put it all together.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote