View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 10:11 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I'm just confused as to why you think a 100 point center will have a reasonable price tag? It's not like he's a slouch like Semin either. The guy is a hard worker and good all around player.

Finally, it bothers me that people bring up our past UFA signings to put down the opportunity at Richards. Gomez, Redden and Drury were nowhere NEAR the player Richards is and has been. None of those guys even came close to 90 points. Gomez was always a 2nd line center and Drury was basically 3rd except for a couple of seasons. Richards has ALWAYS been a legitimate number one center. If he was to fail here, I wouldn't blame Sather, like i've blamed him for Drury, Redden and Gomez, because all signs point to Richards still being able to produce at an extremely high level.
I guess I addressed your first point. The second is that it's not only Gomez, Redden or Drury. It's Lindros before them, Lafontaine (sp) and Bure and Nedved and Fleury and even the Great One and the Captain's second term etc. The Rangers have a long history of bringing established stars to NY and it never worked out nearly as expected. I understand that each situation had specific circumstances but overall it has not been good.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote