View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Actually, you're wrong. With the cap it matters more than ever that you develop your own players and hold onto them.

In a non-cap world we could trade Anisimov and whatever for any player we wanted, no matter the cost. Now we have to consider cost vs production. Artie put up 44 points this season. I don't think 50 points next season is a stretch, and he won't make more than 2 mil. If we trade him for a 60 point player who makes twice as much, is that really worth it?

In a non-cap world, it doesn't matter, at least to the Rangers. But in a cap world you would be foolish to make that trade. 2 mil for 10 extra points? And that's not even considering other things like age, defensive play and durability.
Ok Mr Contrarian.

What mythical 'elite' player are talking about that produces 60pts to win your bogus arguement.

Because I sure a ***** never said we should trade Arty, Stepan, Girardi or any of our players for a 60pt player. Your either putting words in my mouth or talking out your backside just to win an opposing view arguement. IMO Arty and Step will be 60pt players AT THE LEAST. Arty as soon as next season if his NHL growth mirrors his AHL growth.

Your argueing with my points like I'm in the trade it all for a 1 year cup crowd and you clearly did not go back and read the previous 24hrs posts. As I have clearly stated numorous times I'm not down with that, but have given solid reasoning as to what resonable moves would be if NYR Brass follow through with JIM SHOENFELDS own statement on RangerBoys youtube post.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote