View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I know the Rangers have a lot of good D prospects coming up, but what you have above is not a Cup winning D. Look at all the teams that have won the Cup or made it to the finals since the lockout and you won't see anything like what you guys have. Plus, if you're going to pay Lundqvist that much, build as good of a defensive team around him as possible. But if the Rangers aren't going all out for a Cup this year, then yeah, just develop your guys and go after it in future years.
Not trying to be rude, but frankly you have no clue what you are talking about. Yes, the Rangers likely won't win the cup next year. But our defense is one of the strongest aspects of this team. The only issue is the 3rd pairing, which would be a waste for Edler. Like I said, the Rangers would move other things before cally in a trade for Edler. Staal is an all-star, McD has the potential to be as good, if not better than Staal. Girardi and Sauer are stellar defensive d-men who shot block and play physical. Then we have a ton of youngsters right on the brink.

I would much rather give Del Zotto another year than trade Cally for Edler.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote