View Single Post
Old
08-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Brad*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve

So, here it goes.

1 - What do you expect from Hatcher this year. His pro's are obvious b/c he's huge and if you go near that net you're in trouble. However his cons are obviously the ? around his knee and will be just become a pilon in the "new and improved" NHL. b/c he's never been the most mobile of players.
Hatcher will do what he's supposed to do. He won't win the Norris, he won't be the number one defenseman, and he won't get eaten alive by the new rules. Hatcher was signed to be a physical, crease clearing defenseman - the Flyers already have multiple puck moving, smooth skating guys, and they need Hatcher's physical play. He will provide that, and if he's healthy, will have a good year doing what he was signed to do.

Quote:
2 - Eric Lindros. How will he do this year? He's got this year to get his career back on track, he's got a chance to really put up some numbers depending on who he's playing with. Philly fans know how capable this guy is of scoring 50 goals and possibly missing 50 games.
I don't know how many games he will miss, but the Leafs will have a lot riding on his health. If he is indeed healthy, he can still be a very productive player. If Eric is completely healthy, at this stage of his career, he could be around a point per game player - so you do the math. If he players a full season, he could see around 75-85 points. I don't foresee him going much over that.

Quote:
3 - Peter Forsberg. Possibly the most gifted all-round player in the league. Not to sure here what to think. He's amazing when he's healthy but his health is always a question.
Of course his health has always been a question, and I'm sure the Flyers are completely aware of that. Right now, he's healthy, however the style he plays makes him susceptible to injuries. If he can play a full season (not likely) he's a 100 point player. If he can play 60 games, he can get 75-80 points. Personally, I don't care how many points he gets - as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. When he's healthy, he's the best all around forward in the game.

Quote:
4 - How will the Leafs/Flyers finish. I think the Flyers could win the division, however the Sens are going to pose a threat to anyone b/c they're so talented and extremely quick.
The Flyers and Sens will battle for the 1st seed in the conference all year long, I believe. They're extremely close and evenly matched, and this point, it's a crapshoot as to who is the favorite for the number one spot.

Toronto is definitely a playoff team. Where they fall, is the question. They're not division winners, we both know that. The Northeast will be a strong division this year, which I believe will produce 4 playoff teams. Ottawa should be first in their division, but Boston won't be far behind. Montreal isn't a bad hockey team, either. I see Toronto shaking out around 5th or 6th in the East, to be honest. Probably third in their division.

Quote:
oh #5 - Will we meet in the playoffs and if so .... who will win?
Too early to say. Personally, I never make predictions about the playoffs, I think it's silly. It's too wide open, and anything can happen.