View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
This rumor has been going around for about a week, but today they announced that Jordy Murray would be foregoing his senior year to go play pro hockey in Switzerland.
Honestly, I think its a good thing for the Baders and for Murray. The Badgers arent going to be a threat for an NCAA championship in '11-'12, so they need to be building for the future and towards making another championship run in '12-'13 or '13-'14. Murray leaving opens up 1 more spot for the Badgers to bring in another freshman player.
Also, for Murray, its better for him to go play in Europe now and work on his career as a pro than to spend another winter in Madison. He isnt going to get any better at the level he is now, so it would be a waste for him to stay for his senior year.
We will all miss Jordy but I think we all can agree that its for the best for both parties. Best of luck to Jody in Switzerland and may he have a long, successful career.
From what I understand, he has a brother and a sister who are currently playing in Switzerland, so it sounds like a good situation for him.