Thread: News Article: Wild in Financial Trouble
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 04:50 PM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Because I know one of their insurance handlers...

Another friend of mine works for CBC and there was a major "investigative journalism" piece done on NHL insurance rules about a year and a half ago. Essentially, the team she was working with on the production of the piece was trying to find dirt to tarnish the NHL with, but they failed. All of the insurance that the NHL carries for players, etc, is all legal. Outside the borders of Canada, but legal.

Bwahaha.

Liberal media FTL.
LOL.

From my experience, journalism is a dead, dead profession (aside from journalism related to transparent events like sports). A bunch of people who want to change the world, not by actually changing it, but changing the reporting of it.

Edit - Example: I was vacationing in New Orleans during the peak of the BP oil spill, when the President visited, and everybody, himself included, was just playing the pointing-fingers game. I was interviewed by the AP about my thoughts on it. The entire time, I kept getting asked about "who do you blame?" about the spill. I kept responding, "That doesn't matter right now. What matters is stopping and fixing the problem. There will be plenty of time to find who is to blame later." Which the guy was clearly not interested in hearing. He kept being like "oh ok, but seriously, who do you think is at fault? Don't you blame BP for what they've done." One of the strangest events of my life. He didn't quote me in the paper. I found the story a few days later, with a bunch of quotes from people about who was the bad guy in the episode.

Last edited by nickschultzfan: 05-05-2011 at 04:58 PM.
nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote