View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 05:30 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Look at this organization's attitude towards goalies the last 20 years. They clearly don't see it as being the biggest priority. They've held strong to their belief that if the team is good enough in front of him, a patchwork goalie would be good enough to make the basic saves and the team can have success. They know very well that the goaltending has been bad, but strongly believe that if the forwards and defense are so skilled and deep, then a mediocre goalie can be good enough to win a cup. I really hope that this year is a wakeup call, and I've been calling for a sacrifice in depth in other areas in exchange for a good goalie since I joined this board 4 years ago. But, until the organization changes its ways and I see it with my own eyes that they acquire a top goalie, I don't believe it will happen, as much as I want it to.
Last year should have been a pretty ****ing clear wake up call.

It wasn't.

I don't trust Holmgren to suddenly realize goaltending is our biggest undoing. If he had acknowledged it when we were playing musical goaltenders last year, we probably have a Cup by now and are on the way to another.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote