Thread: Proposal: Mike Green >> NY Rangers
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 06:28 PM
3Four3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
They were so displeased in fact that they signed him again to a 1 year deal.

Teams inquire about top players all the time, and I'm not arguing that they are immovable. I am saying that nobody is going to come along to blow Washington away to the point where they could possibly screw up their chances next year of being at the top again.

Again, logistically this is a top team, it makes absolutely no sense for them to trade an integral part of their team and go into a partial rebuild when next year they will be near the top of the conference again. They are only going to make a few semi-minor moves to add to their depth, that's it.

This isn't a fantasy league where since the team didn't meet expectations they blow it up, it's a good team that's still a couple of secondary pieces away.
A player who has been known to want X amount of years for Y amount of dollars and Washington still has not offered it to him.

This is has been a top team for two years running now and all they have showed for it is a 1st and 2nd round exit. The same team that has had success before in the regular season but have only showed success against the lowly Rangers and bowing out to the likes of the Flyers and Penguins. And during those runs, they also were able to attain a few players here and there that were supposed to help the team.

It's been more than evident that these "high caliber" players bend when it comes to the playoffs. It'd be better to see what they can get and there will be teams lining up for their services in a heartbeat.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote