View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
While I'm inclined to agree, you never know. McDonagh wasn't exactly setting the world on fire at Hartford. Sometimes the way to maximize a guy's talent is to push him as far as you can.

Either way, I'm not going into camp holding a spot open for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think Kreider looks NHL ready, personally. At least for 3rd line duties.

But if he comes to camp and doesn't impress, you put him in the AHL, let him play on the top line and be glad you signed a good veteran like Vinny who likes playing for this organization to help Stepan and possibly MZA grow as players.
I think you have to give him every chance to succeed in training camp. Torts did that for Stepan last year when he put him constantly in all these different situations and he continued to impress. McDonagh was also really solid during training camp and seemed to be basically NHL-ready.

If Kreider signs, you give him every chance to succeed in the preseason. If he was good in preseason, but not great, I would prefer to hold onto Prospal/Fedotenko and have Kreider playing 20 minutes a night in the AHL than stick around to play him on the 3rd line. We could bring him up mid-year like McDonagh and go from there.

I don't think he's ready yet, personally but I think he is getting a lot closer and if signed should be pounding on the door by mid-season next year.