Thread: Proposal: Chi-Phi
View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Talentless Practise*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
My point was valid. Those were the first two Dmen that popped to my mind that were comparable to Seabs who make a good amount of money. Weber will likely get 6.5M or more, Suter 6M or more, two more comparables.

Seabrook is a 40 point, two-way defender who's accomplished pretty much everything a Dman can accomplish outside of a Norris. How much is he worth? If you honestly believe 4M then you're drastically underestimating his worth. I said at the time I thought he'd get 5-5.5M and he got 5.8M, so what's the problem?

I don't really know if you noticed, but Chicago's "depth" players (Frolik, Bolland, Bickell, Smith, Kruger) were all good-to-very good in the Vancouver series. They don't have a problem with depth, especially not with the likes of Morin, Beach, Makarov, J.Hayes coming up in the next 1-2 years on ELC's.

Chicago could have gone the route of trading Seabs, but who would they have signed in the UFA market? Bieksa? Lol.. no. Jovanovski? No. There aren't many Dmen that do all the things he does, and especially on this Chicago's defense, considering how well Keith/Seabs play together, considering how Seabs is really our only really imposing Dman, he instant becomes more valuable.
Quoted for the truth.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote