View Single Post
Old
05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
hockeyman001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
My head says let him walk for cap space since he's old and has a bad knee, but my heart says this is the exact kind of veteran and role model we need and unquestionably loves playing in MSG for us.

I'm torn...
I love Prospal. The types of players I wish we could lose would be players who don't do anything spectacular but are solid and boring. We have too many like that. We don't need Avery with Prust here, for example, because Prust does everything Avery does better. Drury hopefully will be bought out. I certainly do not want to see McCabe back either. I am OK if Gilroy comes back, but not if he gets a raise because he is not worth that. We don't need Eminger either with McDonagh and with McIlrath in the pipeline.

Prospal hits people, does not take stupid penalties, hardly ever makes a mistake, and is a good passer and scorer (and actually useful on the power play!) I'd love to see both him and Fedotenko come back. Now if only they can get a scoring forward to play with Prospal and Gaborik on the first line (Richards?) I also think that Prospal will benefit from time to practice and not have to recover from knee surgery, he will be faster next year if brought back.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote