View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 02:37 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Ehrhoff is a monster question mark. He was terrible on the Sharks, for the most part, and his scoring went up when he was traded, which I highly doubt was a coincidence, playing on a PP with the Sedins + Kesler. He's not as good as Girardi.
Good point.

But Girardi is overrated by Ranger fans. Realistically and honestly he's a solid #3 that's it. Also, we need an offensive d-man in our top pairing. Not necessarily someone like MA Bergeron or Green, but someone who can carry the puck, spring a pass, has a good shot etc. Staal nor Girardi (nor anyone else on our team at the moment) can do that. And we know Staal>Girardi and he's not going anywhere.

As much as I love Girardi, I think he needs to go in order for us to reach the next level. Sauer will be better by next year IMO, and no need to be paying Girardi's salary for a #4/bottom pairing guy. We need a talented d-man, everyone knows this. And I think he can be/should be the guy moved in order to get us that legitimate #1b/#2 d-man. Staal-Burns (for example, not trying to exacerbate the Burns love) is >>>> Staal-Girardi.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote