View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I don't see many people talking about what Richards said on NHL Live, but his comments didn't sit well with me in terms of our chances of getting him. Just by his comments alone, I would speculate his #1 option right now is Tampa. It seems like he really, really just wants to win. And I could see him taking a significant pay cut to go back there and build on their playoff success from this year. He never really wanted to leave, his buddies are there, and they're in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Obviously all speculation, but even though he was in NY, I feel worse about our chances after that visit.
Maybe, but I'm not so sure about Tampa adding another $7M Center. Lecav is signed for $7.7M forever, and Stamkos is definitely going to get somewhere around $7M this summer. Richards will get $7M in free agency as well. Tampa needs wings, defense, and a goalie more than they do a center.

Malone - Stamkos - St. Louis
Purcell - Richards - Downie
Bergenheim - Lecav - ?
? - Moore - ?

Hedman - Kubina
Ohlund - Brewer
Clark - ?

I know they can just flip Stammer/Lecav/Richards onto the wing, but still. Richards seems kind of redundant in Tampa. I think they rather get another goal scorer instead of a playmaker.