Thread: Proposal: Phi -- Pit
View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
You do realize that Vokoun will be 35 on July 2nd? I highly doubt he will get more than 5M. And considering his age, we'd probably only sign him for 2 years, right at the point where Bob can take over when he's gone. Vokoun I think can mentor Bob just as well as Bryz. In your opinion, for someone that is turning 35, will still get his 5.7M that he had in Florida? Even Halak, who is in his mid 20s signed for less than 4M. Price, who will be an RFA in the 2012-2013 season, is current taking an under 3M contract and will probably re-sign for about 5M. Even Edmonton knew better not to spend 4M or more on a goalie in Bulin. ****, even MAF is 5M, and he's 26. Thomas is at 5M, but he is currently a better goalie than Vokoun and older. Hiller is 29 and is getting 4.5M. We're in an era where spending more than 5 million is getting rarer. Vokoun is cheaper for two reasons, he would only be around for a couple of years because of his age, and because of his age, he'd probably be cheaper than Bryz, who is 4+ years younger than him.

Hope I got the point across .
but why do you want picks? tangradi is the type of player we'd probly pick lol...plus his contract doesnt end until next year, so we could sign him and JvR the same year (hopefully) to somewhat long contracts (i want JvR to be a flyer for a LONG long time ;D )

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote