View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
While i in no way endorse this deal, i find it interesting that everyone with a NMC in their contract "in no way waive it for TO" ....why? Because the rangers are leaps and bounds ahead of the leafs? Just a note, you won 1 more playoff game than the Leafs. Yes, i know, at least you made it. But the Leafs are not saddled with Drury and Gaborik contracts to deal with.
Saddled? Gaborik is an elite player who had a down year. He scored 42 goals last year on a team that was offensively inept. I could say the same about Kessel if you want to talk about contracts. Just because a player has a big contract on their team doesn't mean they are saddled. I'm sure Gabby will bounce back next year and wouldn't trade him unless an offer came that i couldn't refuse.

As for Drury. he has one more year left. And maybe you should learn some things about Drury before you assume that people are just knocking the Leafs. Drury's an American. He was a Rangers fan growing up and it was his dream to one day play for them. Do you think a guy, who has become the captain of the team he dreamed of playing for as a child would want to waive it to go anywhere else? I don't and Drury has made that fairly clear as well.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote