View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
In watched the Bruins the past couple of seasons, I starting thinking that this is a model that the Rangers could follow. As Tortorella said, they are never going to be able to build like the Caps or Pens did with top 10 picks for a few seasons in a row.

The Bruins are built from the back of the ice. Solid goaltending. Their best player leads a strong defense. And a group of forwards that are good, but not great. Their top line is Lucic Krejci and Horton. The rest of the forward group is filled by guys like Bergeron and Mark Recchi, Michael Ryder, etc.

I think the Rangers can become what the Bruins are. A solid 100 point team that has the potential to challenge for the Cup. They have the goaltender and a strong, young defense. Their forwards are good, hard working guys with some skills, who are also young and hopefully getting better.

I think it's a good model to follow, just without the whole choking up in tight spots in the playoffs.
I agree.. Good post..

Also, there really is not much separating this Ranger team to the Bruins.

Both teams have real good goalies
Both teams have a strong defense
Both teams are comparable on offense. (Boston scored only 13 more goals than the Rangers all season)

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote