would be happy with JEAN-SEBASTIEN GIGUERE?
View Single Post
05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by
To expand the conversation to "Which over-the-hill goaltender would be best", I'd say
– Khabibulin ($3.75 mil for 2 years – would cost very little to trade for)
– Roloson (I doubt he'll make it to FA, so probably moot)
– Hedberg (always played well against Flyers, which we know is a major criterion for Holmgren)
– Osgood (UFA; probably ≤$1 mil)
– Garon (wouldn't cost much, but probably a marginal upgrade)
– Theodore (questionable, but probably better than either Boucher or Leighton)
The "no" list:
– Kiprusoff (costs too much for too long for his declining skills)
– DiPietro (costs $4.5 mil from now until forever; always injured. Duh!)
– Raycroft (cheap but probably a lateral move)
– Turco – Part II (would he be an upgrade??? I highly doubt it)
– Brodeur ($5.2 mil would be too much, even for a year, with his going-south game, and especially because Lamoriello would make Holmgren pay a king's ransom)
Others of note:
– Emery (would definitely make a play for him. Note to Paul Holmgren: it's okay to talk with doctors in the pre-season. Nobody's feelings will be hurt.)
– Biron (<$1 mil for next season, but why would Rangers want to trade with Philly unless Holmgren overpays?)
– Leclaire (will likely take a huge pay cut, but can't stay healthy)
– Niitty (signed for $2 mil through next season; probably an upgrade; how much would he cost in a trade?)
I could actually see Holmgren taking a chance on a guy like Leclaire. If he actually thought about goaltending, that is. Among the FAs, Leclaire represents one of the best chances for lightning in a bottle.
Hello, Dr. Beef here. I wanted to show you the latest medical imaging of Mr. Emery's hip.
It looks good from this angle. However, if we zoom and enhance:
No sir, I don't like it.
View Public Profile
Beef Invictus's albums
Find More Posts by Beef Invictus