View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Thank you. If we look all these little things if it wasent for Dubi getting 50pts if Lundy didnt stand on his head for many games... and on and on. Prospal was by no mean more important than Lundy, Dubi, Cally, Sauer, Mcd etc so way do we have to say that. Right now we need to improve this team and keeping Vinny P around does not do that regardless of his points, did he step up in the playoffs? no
is anyone entertaining the idea of not bringing Lundqvist, Dubinsky, Callahan, Sauer or McDonagh, so I'm not sure what point is you aer trying to make.

Prospal was among the group of forwards who did not step up in the playoffs, yes. he is not among the group who didn't step up in the stretch drive that got them to the playoffs though. in fact he lead that charge.

Quote:
I mean, are we trying to win games next year? If we go out and get Richards, that would signal yes. If that happens, then we fill our roster with the players most likely to help us win games.

Developing young players is great and all but at some point we need to place the emphasis on winning now.
even if you don't care about winning now, filling a roster up with as many inexperienced players as possible is a poor way of developing them. experience and leadership are often viewed as mirages here, but I can spot an absence of it when I see it. this teams GF/GA didn't match up with its W/L record, and that's because it didn't know how to win the close games, because it is a very inexperienced roster. I want more Prospal's, not less. if the only veteran the kids have to look up to is a loser like Gaborik, we're in trouble.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote