Old
05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
even if you don't care about winning now, filling a roster up with as many inexperienced players as possible is a poor way of developing them. experience and leadership are often viewed as mirages here, but I can spot an absence of it when I see it. this teams GF/GA didn't match up with its W/L record, and that's because it didn't know how to win the close games, because it is a very inexperienced roster. I want more Prospal's, not less. if the only veteran the kids have to look up to is a loser like Gaborik, we're in trouble.
I agree 100%. Well, not the "loser" Gaborik bit, but the rest.

If Chris Kreider, Evgeny Grachev or even Carl Hagelin is ready replace the production of a guy like Prospal, that's fantastic. If they earn a spot on the team, then they'll be on the team. But I think we're at the point now where we're ready to take the next step and start making moves to make us a contender, and that does not entail letting all your veteran players walk because you're hoping rookies can step up.

And I guarantee you that Brad Richards would rather we re-sign Vinny Prospal for another year than let him walk so Chris Kreider has a spot reserved. Not just Richards, but any veteran player for that matter.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote