Thread: Speculation: The Offseason Thread, Part I
View Single Post
Old
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I agree, but I think Spezza gets a bum rap around here. I think on a good team he can definitely pick up assists like a madman. He can also put the puck in the net. The problem with Spezza is he hasn't played the entirety of either of his last 2 seasons (still scoring at almost a PPG pace) and Ottawa isn't going to get rid of him in their tank mode.

If Spezza was available I would definitely go for him without a doubt.
i just have a gut feeling him and gaborik would do magical things. Just go look at spezza and heatleys stats when they were playing together. spezza was a 100 pt man for a season or 2 with heatley and another 90 pt season plus as well. Richards deff has way better intangibles. as a player i think spezza is just as good as b.rich. Obv if ottawa wanted a cally/duby/staal no way. if richards does not sign here this is who i would try to bring in. Obv richards makes more sense hell just cost money. If we sign richards and have another plan to bring in a top 6 forward im all for that as well. Glen has to really be careful what he offers richards. I don't want brad if its going to handicap our team and prevent us from getting better.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote