Thread: re: MacT
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 07:57 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
The I guess the 2 of you know more about coaching than Mac-T does.

You should go talk to Kevin, he may have a job for you.

And no, Semenov did not do the things like play positionaly sound, or break up passes. He was by far the worst defenseman in the pre-season (of the 7 that made it).

And it isn't like I don't like the guy. I mean he billeted with my aunt and uncle in Sudbury, and I have been a huge fan of his, but he simply didn't earn anything.

As for Smyth, he also has a broken finger, and there isn't anyone to really replace him.

Like, being completely realistic here, Cross is getting less ice time than both Brewer and Staois, while receiving a tiny bit more than Smith and Bergeron.

The Oilers have basically 5 guys playing 20 minutes per night, and I don't think you can argue that Strategy. I mean, Jason Smith has had injury troubles in the past couple of years, so you don't want to wear him down with 22+ minutes per night, so you can at least have him for the season. The only reason Cross gets more ice-time than Bergeron is because he plays on the PK.

The defensemen haven't been the problem this year... most of the goals scored against the Oilers have been because of a bad mistake by a forward.