View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

vCash: 500
I'm assuming Commodore was sent down because Rhino is set to come off the IR, and Lombardi is playing like he deserves to be here, atleast for now.

I am surprised, though, that neither Montador or Commodore were given a looksee in the regular season so far. Since Gauts and Commodore are similar players, it would have been nice to see Commodore step in for atleast a game. I personally think that Monty should have been sent down.

Also, if this emergence of Lombardi keeps up, what'll happen to McAmmond or Conroy? Seems like Conroy, or even McAmmond (who hasn't looked very impressive so far) might be the odd man out by the end of the year, as Rhino will likely be kept over Connie. I'm hoping that Conroy signs an extension, but Lombardi will need a permanent spot by next year. With Yelle and Betts locking up the 3rd and 4th line spots, Conroy, Rhino and Lombardi will be fighting for the last two remaining center positions.

With Saprykin, Gelinas and Mcammond, a glaring need right now is for a top-six power LW. Can this be addressed by making one of McAmmond, Gelinas, Conroy or Gauthier available? I hope it does. Some size is needed on the left side.

Some options? Three off the top of my head are Mark Bell, Fredrik Modin or even a man who has played LW at times, Chris Gratton. Would love to see any of these three in Calgary, as they'd be an upgrade to our offense.

Realistically, Gauthier would be the player of choice for a team looking for defense (ex. Boston) or a team in need of a center that has $2 mill to kick around for Conroy (Detroit, LA, NY, etc.)

Commodore could then step in and establish himself on the blueline in Gauthier's spot. It's time to give Mike a real shot at becoming a cog on the Flames blueline.