View Single Post
Old
05-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I don't think the problem is that he lacks any particular attribute. I think the problem is his ability to put it all together. If he had Stepan's brain (hockey sense, vision, patience, leadership), Grachev would be a first liner already.

But he does not and hockey is not a skills competition. You can just have a big body skating fast hoping that he'll use his hard shot. He has to get in the right position, know when to pass and when to stickhandle, do all the little things that result in a player being in position to score.

He lacks that. I don't have huge hopes for him being a top-6 forward.

I think Prust - Boyle - Feds/Hagelin is a great third line, and if we got another line of Grachev - Werek - Weise to perform on the same level, we would have tremendous depth in the bottom-6 that would actually give us a boost in scoring the same way a good bench can help an NBA team's starters. They wouldn't be our primary scorers, but they would chip in enough goals to make up for at least part of the top-6 offensive deficiencies.

For more on this, see: Devils circa 1995.

From what little I saw of him in the pre-season, he looked like a lost sheep. Embarrassingly so.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote