Old
05-07-2011, 02:58 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
Mike Wise is that you?

Seriously, can't you just admit that you were very, very wrong about Boudreau and publicly eat some crow for once?

But no, you're just toeing the new line of bs created by txpd and mwarden.

The three of you should be the first ones writing scathing letters to Leonsis calling for BB's head, but surprise surprise, you're back on hfboards pointing the finger at...Nicklas Backstrom!?!?

Didn't the Penguins just take the same team that thoroughly embarrassed us to seven games without the services of Malkin and Crosby!

Anyone who doesn't see this latest collapse as an indictment of coaching and management seriously needs to have their head examined.
I have no crow to eat. I've said that another disappointing playoffs would likely cause Boudreau his job, and rightfully so. I also said that he probably should go ater this past series. Doesn't change my opinion that he's an excellent coach and can get it done in DC. Sometimes the collection of players and coaches just doesn't mesh well enough to succeed in the postseason.

And if you don't think invisible Backstrom was the single biggest problem in the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you. The guy had 2 points in 9 games, while playing 23 minutes per game. That's a huge offensive black hole. Johansson, a rookie, had three times as many points as Backstrom.