Thread: Remove Offsides
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
lux_interior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
NJ had one of the better attendance records up untill last year when Bursn came in. They are now a storied franchise and you can't move those types of teams. Hockey shouldn't be in Florida, Phoenix or parts of California. If they ever did get a salary cap on the league then cities like Quebec, Winnipeg, and Hamilton should have teams. I know that won't happen due to the bussiness side of hockey but thats the way it should be.
My take on this is that a survey should be done of NHL team's fan base. Whatever fan base has the highest number of freckles per square inch of skin should be eliminated. Why should people with freckles on their skin be allowed to enjoy NHL hockey? We all know that people without freckles deserve to enjoy hockey more than those with freckles. People without freckles invented hockey. And hockey has a very rich, non-freckled tradition.

PS The above is lampooning your argument's arbitrariness. I love in discussions of what team should be contracted, one's own team is rarely if ever included on the list.