View Single Post
Old
05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Kamzik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I know we have more NT threads already on here, but I think that today (more of hope than think) that today marks a day when we (finally) have one stage of Slovak hockey behind us- its been very sweet for some parts, but it has been downright painful for the recent years. At the same time I kind of doubt that Hanlon and co. will echo the same feeling and thoughts as I think, so I thought since te coaches probably wont do anything of that sorts, Id at least give my fellow hfboarders- Slovak and non-Slovak alike the opportunity to build the new Team Slovakia. What players do you want to see in the national team to start this new era? What do you think can be changed? and so on....please feel free to share all your thoughts....
I don`t like all this ``end of era`` and ``goodbye`` stuff. You wrote it well on another board that what this team was missing was balance. The team was certainly missing some younger guys. You shouldn`t say bye to all the old dudes at once and then next year fill the roster full of young players. Likewise you can`t have a roster like this one full of older forwards. Balance is needed!

Also if there was an end to this era, than it was with the retirement of Peter Bondra and the end of a dominant Zigmund Palffy.

One more thing I wish to add, I don`t think Hanlon`s defensive strategy was a good fit for this team. Easy to say now I realize hindsight is 20-20. That being said, if SVK goes with a really young roster from next year onward, they will need to use this defensive system if they want to avoid relegation trouble. So in that sense, keeping Hanlon around is a good idea.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote