View Single Post
Old
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Way to completely over-simplify the issue. Of course Backstrom had more options than those you listed, especially on the powerplay. How many solid chances did he shank or flat-out miss? Do you really believe that Backstrom's issues were all Boudreau's fault?

And way to make an assumption on my thoughts/posts without actually reading any. Go ahead, find a post of mine "harping on the importance of keeping the status quo intact." Do it and I'll address that issue.
I don't think Backstrom had THAT many chances on the PP. Shoot, the team didn't have that many chances on the PP. I know what I saw this regular season and the playoffs. Guys were consistently going in 1 on 3 with absolutely nobody to pass the puck to. The forays into the offensive zone were about as unimaginative as can be. Furthermore, teams are collapsing on the puck carrier much more tightly as we bring fewer guys in. Watch this video of game 2 against Montreal and notice the space Backstrom has relative to what we saw this season. Also on his assist notice who the pass goes to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3E6...F181E3F1A9F4B7

I've been saying from the beginning of the season that teams are playing us differently.