View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 04:09 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
interesting is, that in 2000 they won silver with not so special team. If i remember, there was only Satan, Handzus, Bartecko, Visnovsky, Suchy, Sekeras, Chara and Bartos with NHL season behind. Chara was not the beast as he is now, Visnovsky detto, Handzus and Bartecko were not the scoring machines and Bartos played only few games in NHL. And the won a Silver! How it is possible?

That should be the example for the next teams. Team work, chemistry and good tactic.

We cant afford not throw away all the players, we had on this year tournament. Ok, Stumpel is old, Satan and Demo also, but the can be some team leaders. And yes, we should use more young guns.

I heard a nice opinion by one agent. THey should invite top juniors to preparation camp in the summer with the elite players. And also in the pre-WCH time. Ok, they will not make the team, but they will snuff the atmosphere in a preparation camp and build some chemistry to other years.
I see one big hole in that opinion- that is something that should have been done at least 5 years ago and it has been done in recent years, the trouble is all those players got to do was "snuffing the atmosphere". If things continue to go the way they have this year, those players will be snuffing that atmosphere until they are at least 30 and finally reach the age you need for the national team.....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote