Thread: Speculation: The GM debate
View Single Post
Old
05-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Negative, you totally missed my meaning. Semin played well until the last game? Honestly, what games were you watching? The guy had a great start to the season, then got hurt and never returned to form. He disappeared last year in the playoffs and did it again this year in the second round. You must have the Semin man love going on. This guy is the most inconsistent player on the team. Is there a reason why Russia didn't want him playing on the team and ever hockey writer is calling him out, I think so. Put the Semin man love aside and see the real picture.
First of all I was talking about the playoffs. As for the regular season, he was a casualty of the same problems that plagued the rest of the team. For his career he is an over a point per game guy, I wouldn't toss him out based on one below par season that hit everyone on the team. Last postseason while he wasn't getting points he was our most dangerous forward. If I remember correctly he may have led all forwards in SOG. I wouldn't call that disappearing.

For the record I am not Russian and don't have a man crush on Semin. I have no particular bias in his favor. Unless we get a hell of a return on a trade, I would prefer to see how he (and others) perform with systematic tweaks.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote